What A Good Boss Looks Like

I started a new job a few months ago, and I have been so grateful for my boss.

I know not to take a Good Boss (or anyone, for that matter) for granted. I have worked in the past for several bosses or managers who were either condescending, manipulative or downright abusive. It makes such a huge difference in your work experience and your everyday life to have a Good Boss. 

I thought I would show my appreciation today, by sharing a simple yet essential list of things my boss has been doing! These things might sound obvious, but not every boss does them. 

My Wonderful Boss has been:

☑ Saying good job
☑ Saying thank you
☑ Asking things kindly
☑ Making sure we were comfortable doing any task
☑ Valuing each of our specific skills
☑ Sharing her process and the state of her business with us on a regular basis
☑ Taking time to answer questions thoroughly
☑ Making sure I knew about every HR-related admin detail, providing info before I needed to ask - as a French person in a new country and then a new province, it helps
☑ Organizing staff dinners for the studio and the store staff to come together once in a while
☑ Asking us how we were doing both on the workplace and off
☑ Having the store staff work at the studio now and then to keep in touch
☑ Being available by phone or email at all times
☑ Welcoming any idea, feedback or perspective on the job/the business/the products/customer service
☑ Overall making us feel like our work matters.

Thank you Hayley Gibson at Birds of North America!

@birdsofna

Comments

Popular Posts