My Modern Art Fix

Dear Worlds,

Art can be intimidating, and it can be hard to know where to look when you crave it. That's why I am so grateful for the Jealous Curator

Although the Internet keeps changing, and our browsing habits along with it, The Jealous Curator's website is one that I have always come back to, ever since I discovered it a few years ago. It launched in 2009, and for a long time the subtitle was "Damn. I wish I thought of that." It is now "Turning jealousy into get-your-ass-back-in-the studio inspiration". 

The curator/writer behind it is Danielle Krysa, she is also a painter, collage artist, and wrote four books around art and tools to unblock our creativity. The last one is called "A Big Important Art Book (Now With Women!): Profiles of Unstoppable Female Artists -- and Projects to Help You Become One". I am definitely getting my hands on that one soon.

I always love her art selection, and the accessible way she presents the artists' work. You can (should) follow her on instagram @thejealouscurator

Danielle Krysa also has an awesome podcast called Art For Your Ear, where she invites some of the artists curated on her website, and talks about art in a way that is very relatable and encourages you to be creative. 

Another great podcast that untangles intimidating modern art is A Piece Of Work, hosted by Broad City's Abbi Jacobson. It has 10 episodes, and it "explores everything from Pop art to performance in lively conversations with curators, artists, and Abbi's friends, including Hannibal Buress, Tavi Gevinson, RuPaul and Questlove". 






Comments

Popular Posts